About the course
We’re searching for sociable and reliable individuals to drive people in the right direction. You’ll be using your initiative and enjoy being part of a professional, dedicated team.
As a trainee driver you’ll be part of a team responsible for operating the company’s network of local bus services, providing essential transport for our local communities and beyond. Comprehensive training will be provided.
- Job security – Stagecoach have been going since 1980 and turnover £1.3 billion per year
- Free travel – for you and your companion on Stagecoach buses
- Regular income – apprentices are paid weekly and receive the equivalent of a qualified driver
- Working environment – you’ll be out and about, trusted to look after customers and enjoy yourself while you’re doing just that
- Skills for life – you’ll learn how to drive a bus. We’ll pass on our expertise so you can drive with as much ease as you do your everyday car
- Progression and promotion – plenty of employees started as a driver but are now Inspectors, Trainers and Managers
- UK wide opportunities – if you fancy moving somewhere new, you’ll be okay for employment. Stagecoach work across the UK
The programme is delivered as workshop sessions and/or 1-2-1 training helping you to successfully achieve the programme requirements. Our expert staff will support you every step of the way, guiding and training you to complete and achieve the programme.
This course is cost-free to learners. All our programmes are regulated and funded through the government or the apprenticeship levy.